Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I'm Getting Married in 25 Days!

Writing my own vows is one of the trickiest things I've ever tried to do. How does one write down what one swears to be to another when one changes constantly? As a second approach, how do I describe a love that I'm giving the man I've chosen to marry? It was my idea, and now I'm stuck.

Everything else I've been doing for the wedding has been just a lot of foot and hand work. Purchasing, picking, crafting, in other words busy, busy fun! This takes work though. It seems it's easy, when spending so much thought on a wedding, to forget the fact that there will also be a MARRIAGE taking place, and that, at the end of the eventful day, I will be a wife.

I will be the one he comes to first with all of his life decisions. The one he comes home to every day, on good days and bad ones. I'll be the one he talks to when deciding what to have for dinner. If I don't like a food, he'll probably not eat it anymore. I'll be the one he introduces to his co-workers as a permanent part of him. Eventually, God willing, I'll be trying to agree on a parenting style with him.

I'll be the one who gets all of his love, his thoughts, his partnership. We'll be best friends forever. I'll always get to hold his hand. I'll never have a broken heart again.

How do I possibly write down how this will make me feel?

1 comment:

  1. I have been married for over 16 years and also wrote my own vows and would like to share my thoughts.

    You do not know what the road ahead holds and it will hold far more than you can realize at this point in your life. More pain and more joy. Truthfully I do not remember the words I said on that sunny morning so long ago (I have been married 1/2 my life now), nor do I remember the words she said. I do remember how I felt looking into her eyes in the morning sun. Truthfully, for me, it is the feelings that have kept me going when times are hard and being married was more work than I thought possible.

    Know this - the feelings you have now are but a seed of what is possible. Nurture it, feed it, tend it and you will be rewarded with something beyond measure or comprehension. There are no words that fully capture how I feel about my wife and partner. When I really want her to know, I kiss her and put my heart into the kiss and we cry together for the emotion is so strong.

    I wish you love and peace and joy!

    ReplyDelete