Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Lover of Mine

Lay your head close to my heart,
and I will bless my own lips
with the touch of your eyelids
as soft as a butterfly's whisper.

Let your eyes shine
always and never should a tear
fall onto your good-morning blush,
so that your perennial smile is as dry as it is warm,

as your arms heat my countenance
and your swelling chest below mine softens the realm of my existance
more so than new towels from the dryer,
and twice as comfortable as a branch of cotton.

We can escape to the land of stars apart from concrete
in the middle of the day,
for like our bond,
the sky's burning map is as present as it is invisible.

Let the blowing of the leaves
be our love song,
the deer-tracks through the tall grass our center isle,
and the wind our spirit guide,

and we can be joined with
the birds and the sky
looking with the eyes of the solar system
as our witnesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment