Friday, December 3, 2010

My Ears are Cold

I cry about being a martian
while you place your arms around me,
while shaking you and the dripping faucet keep rhythm.

Like your making smiling snowflakes, sharing Santa hat,
fearful and wonderful self,
things are just cute.

You want it to show my cheer,
I accept, because your hair looks so right when it's all mussed.

Half-eyes, whole heart,
and a million cans of caffeine coma,
and I'm simply stricken.

Some say it's soon,
I say not everyone sees.
"It's complicated" doesn't mean it shouldn't happen,
because in the very eye of the tornado, it is very,
very simple.

I have two worlds,
one challenging and one
perfect; unseen.
I wonder if you know that you're in both.
One of the many impossible walls you've scaled.
Enjoy your prize.

You may be scared,
but you don't realize that you've already beaten the odds;
beaten past my fears;
beaten my brains out trying to find a reason to not take
exactly what I prayed for.

We're both still canoodling, so I'd say, as forcefully as I can,
shut up.
Kiss me.
It's not like I love you or anything.
Bazinga.

No comments:

Post a Comment