Friday, November 12, 2010

Ample Material Descends

I used to think that nobody could take anything from anyone else,
that it had to be given.
Then I realized that your spirit could be stolen.
A wise woman told me that people could steal everything but your intelligence,
but now I realize that some people will make you into a complete fool.
I then decided that the only thing that can't be taken
is a person's ability to love.
Over time, however, I realized that even that can be crippled by the most beautiful of the cruel.

Stopping to smell the roses
is not a cliche unreasonably.
Walking and thinking and smelling
give you the right kind of thoughts.
One of these thoughts finally gave way to my first break of enlightenment.

The only thing that cannot be taken from us
is the love of God.

I'm sure there's something else,
but I may or may not find it,
and I'm zen on that.

For now,
I have daily hugs of splendor,
and the most pleasant kind of distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment