Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mental Ex-Lax

So, I'm going to divulge to you now the real reason why I haven't been posting. It's not that I've been busy. I mean, I have been busy, but that's not the reason. I've written through extreme business before. My reason: Writer's Block, for which there is no laxative. I've still been writing my poem a day, but they've been, at best, five lines of crap apiece. SO here, today, I'm ending this. This post I'm just taking and doing. Another reveal: I have no idea what I will write. The thing that's about to come out of my typing fingers will be as much of a surprise to me as it is to you. Here goes something.

It's amazingly complete.
That feeling
when you let yourself want for something.
Hope is inevitable.
You do your best and you get yourself just a little taste of it.
A taste of that which you are certain will magnify your happiness.
When it peaks at piquing you and your whole body aligns 
and your body and mind connect in almost unsettling ways,
and then, it creeps in.
The deal breaker.
Fear. Either yours or someone else's.
It slithers in and opens a crack too hard to notice
at first,
and then, while your occupied mind ruminates on further possibilities,
that on which you speculate erodes from that tiny crack
and is washed down the river.
The completeness is when you turn around, see the debris,
hear the utter tabula rasa,
and you know that you and your dreaming consciousness
will wander through many more of these valleys,
and that happiness and it's providers on whom you can rely
will be with you always anyway.

Wow. Moral of the story is: just do it. For this week, at least, I am challenging myself, as of right now, to post something every day. We'll see if any of it equates to this one, or if it's all utter crap, at least we'll all have a laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment