Saturday, April 17, 2010

So Often We Forget

I've been feeling for a long time - years- that God has been trying to tell me something big, but I could never hear the words he was telling me. They were simple: "Hey, I made a world! Check it out!"

There is so much beauty here that I'd been overlooking!

The smell of the tulips
A grandma sword-fighting a five-year-old boy
High-school-aged kids drawing narwals and girraffes with sidewalk chalk in the park
A rastafarian homeless man playing two trumpets at once
The glorious cream filling of a chocolate eclair
A bearded old man with a high-pitched laugh
The longing we all- yes, even I- get to be emotionally close to each other
As the Calipooia would say, "Ixt Tumtum" - We are all one heart.

Why do we take so long to remember just how great it is to be alive?

No comments:

Post a Comment