Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Things I Hate Hearing

"What did you do to your hair?" - Can you really not tell? I usually respond to this by telling them that I did the opposite, such as when I cut my hair short and dyed it hot pink, I'd respond to this question by saying "I got extentions and bleached it blonde. Can't you tell?"

"What are you reading?" - Obviously if I wanted to talk to you, I wouldn't be reading. I'm in book land. Leave me alone!

"Calm down." - Ugh! If I'm upset, there's a reason. Try calming me down instead of ordering.

"I know you better than you do." - Do you? Do you really? I sure as hell don't think so.

"Manga? Aren't those those comic books they print backwards?" - Okay, if you don't know what's wrong with this one, you're beyond hope.

"We live in America. America is a Democracy." - We live in the United States of America. There are two Americas and they contain quite a few contries, some of which are not democracies.

"So anyways..." - Anyways is NOT A WORD! "Anyway" is a word.

"Where's the ___ at?" - "At" is a preposition. "Pre" meaning "before". Therefore, if you end a sentence with it, you are wrong. Besides, "Where's the ____?" is a perfectly acceptable sentence. WHY DO YOU NEED "AT"?

"Why are you so proud of being a freak?" - I am a freak. I accept this. I am proud of who I am. This does not mean that the two things corelate. I do not do strange things so that I can live up to my "freak" label. I do unorthodox things because I like them better than the normal way.

"Don't make a scene" - I'm an ACTOR for Pete's sake! Besides, making a scene is fun!

"I don't listen to the words. It just has a nice beat." - Really? No. You are listening to something promoting the objectification of women, homophobia, racism, and a whole other lot of bad, therefore, in a way, you are promoting it. The fact that you are to lazy to pay attention to the shit that you put in your head does not excuse you from what it portrays.

"That movie's old! I don't wanna watch it!" - This one just makes me sad. So many classic movies have great scores, acting, stories, messages, directing, and so much more! Just because it doesn't come in high definition or have some "hot" actor in less clothing than is nessecary, just because it's sound quality is slightly less and won't come across on your super sub-woofer does not make it unwatchable.

"I want to get married, because I don't want to be alone." - Nobody is alone because they don't have a significant other. Seriously. There are so many wonderful people to reach out to; friends, family, mentors, heck, even animals are all there with you and you can do so many effective things in this world with or without a ring on your finger. Enjoy yourself, and if love comes, let it. If it doesn't, move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment