Monday, April 26, 2010

Thoughts on Thoughts

I wonder what I'd do if I could hear people's thoughts.
What would people do if they could hear mine?
Probably they'd all become bitterly depressed,
because I'm 1) a constant downer in my head
and 2) usually thinking about how stupid most of them are.
That's one that people argue about:
Are people inherantly good, or inherantly evil?
I reject both claims and supposit my own:
that humans are inherantly stupid,
and that is what we must overcome.
I wonder if listening to people's thougts would confirm or deny my claim.
Would I realize that I had completely misjudged, or would I see in actuality that people are run by greed, lust, and ignorance?
Sometimes I think my whole disestablishmentarianism bit gets old to people.
Sometimes I wonder if it's actually going anywhere and based on truth,
or if I'm just kicking up dust because I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I didn't.
Is saying "everything is wrong" really making me right,
or do I just assume too many things about the world?
Take my fiction proffessor, for instance.
I totally misjudged him.
I thought he would be a total Republican jackass.
Not to say that all Republicans are jackasses,
in fact, there are several points on which I agree with Republicans,
but, well, we all know the type'
the war-is-God's-way-America-is-the-best-country-in-the-world-we're-all-burning-in-hell-because-of-those-damned-homosexuals type of Republicans.
Don't lie. You know at least one.
Who would have thought that in actuality,
a middle-aged Catholic priest has the same biews on war as a gothic college-aged rebelious heathen.
Crazy.
I didn't know there were other Christians like me;
ones who think;
ones who are pacifistes,
especially outside of my demographic.
I am pleasantly surprised by my miscalculation.
Maybe there is hope for His will to be done on earth if there are some of us here who believe that God's battle is not slaying other human beings.
Also, take for instance this really bubbly sorority girl in my poetry class last term.
I automatically saw her intense gaze at me all throught class as an obvious sign that I was being judged, as I have been in the past, as a good-for-nothing freakazoid with no feelings to hurt.
Little did I know that she was watching me write, because she saw "Ask me about Jesus" painted on my backpack and knew I was a writer/composer,
and she wanted to know how to ask me to help her write a worship song.
With my life of being judged,
I now automatically judge others by labeling them as judgers.
Anyway, this rant is going nowhere.
I guess what I really wanted to say,
is I wonder how much of my wizard angst is founded in truth against the poison of humanity,
and how much of it is me being cranky and pubesent and taking it out on people I should like.
It'd be nice to see what others think of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment